Sunday, April 28, 2013

My little sister came to me a few nights ago and asked if I want to have nightly prayers and scripture study with her. I feel like I have been struggling to stay on top of both of these things lately. We have only been doing it for 2 nights now, but I love it! We read 1 Nephi chapters 3 and 4 tonight, where Nephi and his brothers go back to get their possessions from Laban.  I loved chapter 4 v. 3 where it says "Ye know that this is true;.... Wherefore can ye doubt?" I feel like a main theme in these chapters was about trusting in God and knowing that he won't give you anything you can't handle,as well as learning to not doubt Him.

Today was stake conference in my home YSA stake. Apparently there were over a thousand people there. It was sort of nuts. But I love seeing that many young people (that many people period!) all gathered in one place just for the Gospel! Love it! My stake president was talking about the scriptures and he said "I've had dark days, weeks, and even months. But each time I open the Book of Mormon, I am filled with light. I am so grateful to know the remedy for fear, loneliness, or anger. It cures me every time. If we truly want to be aligned with our Heavenly Father and feel that peace that He brings, we do it by praying and by reading the holy scriptures." That is so true, and such a wonderful reminder. I know that my new resolution to be better about consistent scripture reading will bless my life. I love this gospel, and I am grateful for the peace that it brings. And I love my little sister. I am grateful that she is such a good example to me. :)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like fun! I have a friend who was having a down time and her and her brother (leaving soon for a mission) decided that they would challenge each other to read the Book of Mormon. She loved it!

    ReplyDelete