Sunday, April 28, 2013

I'm awful at this. Ok, so... Since I have written last, I have had a movie/hot tub night with a bunch of people from my ward (staying out way too late before an early meeting), gone to said meeting and learned more about my internship (yay!), been asked on a date (for this coming Friday), moved home and hung out with the family for the last couple of days, and thoroughly deep-cleaned my bedroom at home.

Also - I went to the school where I will be teaching and met my principal, facilitator, and the rest of the 3rd grade team. I picked a good day to go, because it was their "yard sale" day. Apparently towards the end of the school year every teacher in the school puts all of the stuff out in the hallway that they don't want anymore (some of it is really great, they are just switching grade levels and don't need it anymore or something like that). Anyway... All of the other teachers sort of just wander the school and take each other's stuff. So the 3rd grade teachers were loading my arms up with things that I may want, and even cleared off a shelf in the storeroom for me to keep it. They invited me to their Friday planning meetings, and one of them asked if I could come in and spend time with her while she is off track so that she can get me up to date. I also asked if I can come in and observe, and they said to drop by any time. They seem really friendly and helpful, and I am excited to be a part of the team. :)

I am grateful for this internship, as scary is it feels. I am grateful for good friends that gave me so many memorable times in Provo. I am grateful for clean, less cluttered spaces. And I am grateful for my family! I missed them. :)

2 comments:

  1. That is so exciting! Your team sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great! They totally don't have to go out of their way, but they want to help me as much as possible over the summer. I thought that was so nice of them!

      Delete